Coconut Water Facts
Coconut water nutrition comes from the extracted juice of fresh young coconuts. This is one of the most nutritious, purest and refreshing drinks nature has ever provided. It has been enjoyed by a tremendous amount of people from different countries and regions.
Coconut water is considered sterile and jam-packed with essential nutrients such as amino acids, vitamins, minerals, enzymes, electrolytes, phyto-hormones and cytokines.
Coconut Water Nutrition Facts:
- It contains low amount of carbohydrates – 15g in an 11.2oz quantity, and 1g is fiber.
- Fat free.
- Low amount of natural-occurring sugar
- High level of essential nutrients.
- It contains saline as well as albumin.
Listed below is the Coconut Water Nutritional Value per 100 gram of raw coconut water:
- Carbohydrates: 3.71 g
- Energy: 19 Kcal
- Protein: 0.72g
- Fat: 0.20g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Sodium: 105mg
- Potassium: 250mg
- Calcium: 24mg
- Copper: 40mcg
- Iron: 0.29mg
- Magnesium: 25mg
- Manganese: 0.142mg
- Zinc: 0.10mg
- Folates: 3mcg
- Niacin: 0.080mg
- Pantothenic acid: 0.043mg
- Pyridoxine: 0.032mg
- Riboflavin: 0.057mg
- Thiamin: 0.030mg
- Vitamin C: 2.4mg
From the above-mentioned nutrition facts, coconut water nutritional benefits are as follows:
- Coconut Water is one of the best sources of energy as it is replenishes the body with all the electrolytes needed to survive a whole day of work and activities. This is even considered as the perfect replacement for energy drinks over the market. It generates the endurance needed for any physical training as it boosts up the energy level.
- It acts as a natural antioxidant by helping in protecting the cells from the free radicals on the body.
- It aids in proper digestion by increasing metabolism of the body. This makes losing weight possible. The fat-content of the coconut water was not being stored in the body but rather, it goes directly into the liver to be converted into energy.
- It helps in proper absorption of essential nutrients such as amino acids, vitamins, minerals, calcium and magnesium. Because of better absorption of calcium as well as the magnesium, it enables the proper development of strong teeth and bones. Thus, it prevents in acquiring osteoporosis.
- Coconut water enables a better way in absorbing drugs. Thus, making it more effective. It also helps in eliminating poison, easing burn as well as swelling of hands and feet.
- Skin diseases such as chicken pox, rashes and measles can be treated by the application of coconut water.
- Coconut water helps in lowering arterial blood pressure and hydrating the body without any effects in the sugar.
- Diseases of the kidney, thyroids, gallbladder and skin are greatly prevented. If it happens it was not prevented at first, coconut water helps in treating any existing diseases such as those. It helps the body in terms of fighting toxic viruses that cause herpes, AIDS and flu. Stress of the pancreas can be relieved as well as in eliminating infections caused by Candida. Growth of mycoplasma and eczema are greatly eliminated.
- Since coconut water’s pH and electrolyte availability is the same as the human plasma, it has been used as alternative plasma during its transfusion for several years by different countries. It is accepted by the body because of its sterility. Thus, causing no harm in the red blood cells. Cases such as dysentery and cholera can be treated by giving it intravenously if in an emergency.
- Coconut water is being used as treatment for patients suffering from diarrhea since it is an excellent source of fluids needed in replacing the lost ones. With this, intravenous therapy may not be needed.
Coconut water is not like any ordinary water. Its nutritional benefits are definitely beneficial to everyone without worrying about its side effect. Coconut water is an all-natural product that helps in preventing diseases and keeps the body healthy.